Our State Leaders bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to our grassroots work in setting state priorities and leading statewide initiatives. Meet our Leaders and see what their states are working on.
Don’t see your state featured or want to join your state’s leadership team? Get in touch with us about getting involved in a leadership role in your state.
Being a part of a State Leadership Team is a crucial volunteer role in our grassroots program and an effective way for us to organize the movement to defend democracy in America. We are looking for people who are interested in becoming State Leaders and are willing to help us:
- Grow and organize SUR’s grassroots network at the state level
- Establish a state-level SUR leadership team to help you in your efforts
- Coordinate with SUR HQ on state-level priorities and actions
- Organize members to influence state and national elected officials through advocacy efforts including in-district lobby meetings, call-in campaigns, attending town halls, and more
- Host meetings with state and local SUR members
- Coordinate with SUR HQ and local chapters to organize regional events
- Manage state-level social media pages