One year ago, we launched Stand Up Republic to unite Americans in the defense of democratic norms, ideals and institutions. We’ve been astonished and humbled by the tremendous response we’ve seen from you and so many supporters from every state in the nation. What started as a flicker of light has grown into a movement shaping the course of history. Now it’s time to take this movement to the next level, and we need your help.
We are on a nationwide search for men and women to lead our state-based outreach. Our state leaders will help us build SUR clubs and organizations in their home state. This is a crucial volunteer role in our grassroots program, and the appointment of state leaders is the first step to meaningfully grow and organize the movement to defend democracy in America. Some of the things we need from state leaders are:
- Help grow and organize SUR’s grassroots network at the state level
- Help establish a state-level SUR leadership team
- Organize members for various activities including call-in campaigns and other efforts to influence state and national elected officials on key issues
- Organize and hold meetings with state and local SUR members
- Coordinate with SUR and other state leaders to organize regional events
- Manage state-level social media pages
As we continue to grow, we will need more and more volunteers at our side. But you could be one of the first to help organize our network and spread our message. This is a unique opportunity and one we hope you will consider.