Stand Up Republic seeks a grassroots manager with community and political organizing experience.
Launched in January 2017, Stand Up Republic (SUR), a 501(c)(4) grassroots advocacy organization seeks its first mid-level manager to run national and state grassroots recruitment, engagement and advocacy in order to have a meaningful impact on federal and state-based policy that strengthens our political system and make it more accountable to the people it represents.
The position will be supported by a team that includes a Communications Director, Partnerships Director and Project Manager, with room to grow.
As the two major political parties continue moving toward ideological extremes and embracing populist rhetoric and demagoguery, Stand Up Republic unites Americans across the political spectrum around the ideals of liberty, equality, and truth. The future of America depends on defending the democratic norms, ideals, and institutions that have sustained our progress for nearly 250 years such as freedom of speech, the press and religion, rule of law and separation of powers.
While we as a nation hold our leaders accountable to basic Constitutional principles, we must also work to address new challenges to our individual and collective prosperity such as technology-driven disruption to the way we work, live and relate to each other. Stand Up Republic, along with Stand Up Ideas, puts country over party to identify evidence-based solutions and facilitate the conversations necessary to sustaining the health and prosperity of America. We must address looming threats to American democracy with reason and resolve rather than enable demagogues to exploit cultural anxieties and divide the country.
Reporting to the Political Director, the Grassroots Manager for SUR/SUI will develop and implement plans to build, grow and mobilize our national field organization and serve as a primary point of contact for the movement dedicated to defending America’s core ideals. In the first year, the Grassroots Manager will sustain and expand a multi-state volunteer organization and be on the front lines of building out state and congressional district chapters in key areas. Additionally, the Manager will be responsible for scaling SUR/SUI’s existing support base into a nationally recognized force for political change.
- Implement a membership program and systems for increasing member engagement;
- Manage and implement key aspects of the state leadership program, including recruitment, screening, on-boarding, training and ongoing engagement and evaluation of individual leaders;
- Manage communications and create resources such as fact sheets for grassroots members to communicate about policy or public affairs;
- Manage communication systems to best engage and connect the grassroots organizations;
- Maintain an activist database with analytical and measurement tools;
- Assess opportunities for SUI/SUR leadership to make state, city and town visits for specific events or opportunities;
- Participate in educational, lobbying and electoral activity as appropriate;
- Track and evaluate grassroots efforts over time.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-4 years of organizational experience, ideally in a political campaign context, advocacy organization, on campus, or “in-house” within a complex nonprofit, government or corporate entity.
- The ability to leverage issues and current events to organize and inspire a grassroots movement capable of having political influence is critical.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as an outgoing attitude and people skills, are a must.
- Willingness to work in a flexible, fast-paced and rapidly expanding work environment is a must.
We will prioritize passionate, patriotic self-starters who want to dedicate their talents towards the common good.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your resume and a cover letter with the subject line “Grassroots Manager” to email@example.com