Stand Up Republic (SUR), a 501(c)(4) grassroots advocacy organization seeks to hire a Grassroots Manager to help grow the organization’s national and state grassroots advocacy and organizing efforts.
The Grassroots Manager will work with the SUR team to help lead the organization’s national and state-level grassroots recruitment strategy, support new and existing grassroots chapters, develop and strengthen key training materials, fact sheets, and briefs on policy and advocacy issues, build winning campaigns, and support our grassroots network in their advocacy efforts.
With supporters in all 435 Congressional districts, the potential for our grassroots engagement is vast. We need a Grassroots Manager who can step into this role and hit the ground running.
The position will directly report to the Advocacy Director, but SUR has a very collaborative team environment and the Grassroots Manager will work across different departments.
About Stand Up Republic:
Founded in 2017 to address the rising threats to America’s democratic norms, ideals, and institutions, SUR mobilizes a national, cross-partisan constituency to defend and strengthen American democracy. Through media and grassroots campaigns, we fight for accountable government, electoral reform, healthy media, and multicultural society.
Our members are principled patriots from every state in the nation and all walks of life who fight to protect and enhance our democracy. From our work in Washington, DC, to our nationwide grassroots network, to our digital campaigns, SUR is at the forefront of the pro-democracy movement.
Specific job responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute plans to build, grow and mobilize our digital membership and national field organization;
- Identify new supporters and organize people to take action both on and offline, including petitions, phone banking, email alerts, social media, and working in local coalitions to mobilize activists across the nation and in key target districts.
- Work with state-based chapters, building coalitions to apply pressure to members of Congress to advance the SUR agenda.
- Report on and track the progress of online organizing and field efforts to improve outreach, messaging and tactics.
- Manage communications and create resources such as fact sheets for grassroots members to communicate about policy or public affairs;
- Manage communication systems to best engage and connect the grassroots organizations and programs;
- Implement a membership program and systems for increasing member engagement;
- Support the training of grassroots members including via in-person training, webinars, and the creation and dissemination of tool kits.
- Maintain an activist database with analytical and measurement tools;
- Other duties as assigned
We will prioritize passionate, patriotic self-starters who want to dedicate their talents towards the common good. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Must be based in Washington, DC.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your resume and a cover letter with the subject line “Grassroots Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2-4 years of digital and/or political organizing experience, ideally in a political campaign context, advocacy organization, on campus, or “in-house” within a complex nonprofit, government or corporate entity.
- The ability to leverage issues and current events to organize and inspire a grassroots movement capable of having political influence is critical.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as an outgoing attitude and people skills, are a must.
- The ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities.
- Commitment to the values and mission of Stand Up Republic.
- Interest in the pro-democracy reform movement.
- Willingness to work in a flexible, fast-paced and rapidly expanding work environment is a must.