Stand Up Republic seeks a media manager with social media and rapid response experience.
Launched in January 2017, Stand Up Republic (SUR) seeks a mid-level manager to run its digital media and content creation, including social media, image and video production and grassroots communications.
The position will be part of a team that includes a Communications Director and an outside digital media agency with room to grow.
With the two major political parties moving toward ideological extremes and embracing populist rhetoric and demagoguery, Stand Up Republic unites Americans across the political spectrum around the ideals of liberty, equality and truth.
The future of America depends on defending the democratic norms, ideals and institutions that have sustained our progress for nearly 250 years such as freedom of speech, the press and religion, rule of law and separation of powers.
While we as a nation hold our leaders accountable to basic Constitutional principles, we must also work to address new challenges to our individual and collective prosperity such as technology-driven disruption to the way we work, live and relate to each other. Stand Up Republic, along with Stand Up Republic Foundation, puts country over Party to identify solutions and facilitate the conversations necessary to sustaining the health and prosperity of America. We must address looming threats to American democracy with reason and resolve rather than enable demagogues to exploit cultural anxieties and divide the country.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Media Manager for SUR will execute external communications, digital and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate the missions of SUR. They will ensure that SUR is viewed as a primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information on their issues and programs of focus within a diverse civic reform community. As SUR is a fast-growth organizations, the Media Manager will work closely with a senior peer group within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Assist the Communications Director along with the digital vendor and lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Collaborate on who, where, and when to disseminate key messages.
- Craft and manage long & short-term social media advocacy campaigns, including strategic planning and scheduling.
- Engage in rapid response content creation for social media and grassroots distributions, including but not limited to graphics/memes, video clips, statements and insta-polls.
- Manage the Facebook, Twitter, Blog and other online presences of SUR with assistance from the team.
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time, crafting growth strategies and compiling lessons learned.
- Develop materials for distribution to the organization’s vast grassroots network
- Weekly press clippings
- Assist the Communications Director in drafting press releases, blog posts, editorial pieces, and other long-form content, as needed.
- 2-4 years of social media communications experience, particularly in monitoring and responding to news and political developments. Experience with politics and advocacy a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A deep understanding of the organization’s mission and core values is a must..
- Experience with Photoshop or other similar graphic design tools, including the creation of image macros highly preferred.
- The ability to take complex topics and transform them into engaging, informative, and inspiring messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
- Proven writing talent, especially for online and short-form media.
- The ideal candidate is highly organized and routinely plans ahead, but is also capable of adjusting to shifting priorities in a fast paced environment.
- The willingness to work in a flexible, fast-paced and rapidly growing work environment is a must.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your resume, a cover letter and a writing sample with the subject line Media Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org