The last few years have been a stark reminder of how fragile our democracy really is. We cannot take it for granted, and we must work hard to strengthen and protect our democratic institutions. The fight is not over. States across the country are currently trying to institute restrictive voter laws, limiting voter’s access to the polls and making it more difficult to exercise your right to vote.
The For the People Act provides a crucially important set of reform measures that would strengthen our democracy by:
- Ending partisan and racial gerrymandering
- Increasing voter access and voter participation in elections
- Improving election security
- Making political advertising more transparent and accountable
- Closing some dark money loopholes
- Strengthening ethics enforcement and prohibiting conflicts of interest of the President, Vice President, and Executive Branch staff
It is time that we took action to protect our right to vote, our elections, and our institutions.
The House already passed the For the People Act. Write to your Senators and tell them to support the For the People Act in the Senate.